Knowledge of the Islands and English Language Test

You must demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge of the English language before we can approve your PRC.  You can demonstrate this in one of the following 3 ways:

You are a national of a Majority English Speaking Country:

You have been educated in English.  You will qualify if you:

You have passed an English Language Test:

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom or United States of America.

  1. Have been taught in English at high school level in a Majority English Speaking country for 4 years or more, or
  2. Have an, Associate Bachelor or
  3. Masters degree issued by a college or university in a Majority English Speaking Country, or
  4. Have a Bachelor or Masters degree that was taught completely in English.
  • The TCI Community College English Language Test, or
  1. IELTS (minimum Level 4)
  2. Key English Test Awarded by Cambridge ESOL (Pass), or
  3. City and Guilds International ESOL Diploma (Levels: Access, Achiever, Communicator or Expert), or
  4. ESOL Skills for life issued by Edexcel (Levels: Entry 2, Entry 3, Level 1 or Level2).
Evidence Required: Evidence Required: Evidence Required:
  1. Valid passport, or
  2. Birth certificate.
  1. A graduation certificate from high school, or
  2. A degree certificate, or
  3. A degree certificate with letter from the college or university confirming that the course was taught in English
  1. The test certificate.

If required to do so, in addition to the above, you must also pass the Knowledge of the Islands Test which is provided by the TCI Community College.  Persons who complete a course at the TCI Community College which includes Knowledge of the Islands are exempted from having to take the course and test a second time. Test centers are located in Providenciales and Grand Turk.  Please contact the TCI Community College or view their website for dates and details of the test.