Widow/Widower of a Islander Route - Fee $5,000
Immigration Regulations 13(2) (e)


A. You are of good character and in good health

Evidence Required:

  1. Police Certificate issued in the last six months, and
  2. Two character reference letters, and
  3. Evidence that you have not accrued 5 years residency followed by a period of illegal residence (passport copies and copies of work permits or other immigration documents), and
  4. Medical certificate issued in the last six months.

B.You meet the English Language and Knowledge of the Islands Criteria

See the English Language and Knowledge of the Islands Page for more details.

C. You are capable of supporting yourself and your dependents

Evidence Required:

  1. Rent agreement/letter from landlord, or
  2. Evidence of mortgage, and
  3. A bank statement/letter showing evidence of funds in account.

D. You were married to a Islander for at least 5 years, who is now deceased

Note: You must be able to evidence that your spouse has both deceased and was an Islander.  See our guide “Am I a Islander?” for more details of who is/was a Islander. If you divorced before your spouse’s death, you will not qualify.

Evidence Required:

  1. Marriage certificate, and
  2. Spouse’s birth certificate, and
  3. Any other evidence to prove spouse’s Islander status (for example spouse’s parents’ birth certificates or spouse’s Islander certificate), and
  4. Spouse’s death certificate.

Note: If endorsing a child, their immunisation records if they are aged  0-5 years old, school letters for those above 5 years old.


Submission of Application
$150 each time an application is submitted (either original application or application to endorse) Non-refundable

Main Applicant
$5,000 of which $4,000  is refundable if doesn’t qualify or not approved.

$200 per dependent Refundable if doesn’t qualify or not approved.

Dependents endorsed on a certificate must be present in the islands with legal status, and must not have entered as a visitor.

If granted, the applicant will have permission to work. Dependents will need a work permit or government stamp to work.