ELECTIONS OFFICE - NOMINATION DAY
The general Elections for the Turks and Caicos Islands is scheduled to be held Friday, 19th February 2021, and potential candidates must register their names, party symbols and make the necessary deposits on or before nomination day, which is on Friday, 29th January 2021.
The nomination pack is available to all candidates who wish to register for the upcoming general Elections. The packs are available for collection at the Elections Department on Grand Turk and Providenciales.
Candidates must read it and satisfy themselves that they meet the requisite requirements. Once completed, all candidates must return the nomination pack along with the Treasury receipt for the $500 deposit on nomination day. This should be accompanied with a valid photo identification.
All district candidates must lodge their nomination papers with a Returning Officer in the district in which they intend to run for Elections. The All-Island candidates can lodge their nomination papers with a Returning Officer in any electoral district.
The nomination papers must be submitted during the hours 10am to 1pm, and then 2pm to 4pm on 29th January 2021.
The locations of the Returning Officers for each district on Nomination Day are listed below:
- ED 01 – Grand Turk North – Ona Glinton Primary School Auditorium
- ED 02 – Grand Turk South and Salt Cay – Anglican Church Dillon Hall
- ED 03 – South Caicos – Community Centre
- ED 04 – Middle and North Caicos – Kew Community Centre
- ED 05 – Leeward, Providenciales – David Been Premises, Leeward Highway
- ED 06 – The Bight, Providenciales – Ianthe Pratt Primary School Auditorium/Library
- ED 07 – Richmond Hill/Cheshire Hall, Providenciales – Disaster Management Conference Room
- ED 08 – Blue Hills, Providenciales – Church of God of Prophecy Church office
- ED 09 – Five Cays, Providenciales – Felix Morley Community Centre
- ED 10 – Wheeland, Providenciales – Bethany Baptist Church School
LISTER DUDLEY LEWIS
SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS