MINISTRY: Ministry of Education, Youth, Culture and Library Services
Reporting to the Dean of the institute, the job holder is responsible for compliance with the TCI TVET Institute and TCI Public Service budgetary and financial policies such as revenue generation, cost containment and delivery of other budget targets. They will provide advice to the Dean and Heads of Department on financial matters and ensure that the financial and budgeting procedures and practices are appropriate.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Respond to queries from the Public Accounts Committee
2. Assist with the expenditure and revenue phasing of budget
3. Monitor the level of outstanding invoices for the institute
4. Assist with the preparation of budget forecast for the institute
5. Advise the Director/Principal and other managers with financial duties on the application of policy
6. Ensure accurate recording of receipts, payments and income
7. Monitor and ensure support staff use correct financial procedures
8. Develop a mechanism to manage and monitor income and expenditure
9. Analyse the Institute’s Programme/ Sections budgets for feasibility
10. Advise institute’s staff on budget adjustment and amendments
11. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and review for the integrity of the amounts in the ledger to ensure that all balances stated are correct, justified and supported
12. Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
13. Approve financial documents and transactions for the unit, as delegated, including human resource, payroll, and expenditure (including purchasing card and travel); review for compliance with policy and procedure as well as specific regulations and guidelines on restricted funds
14. Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
15. Manage student accounting functions; consult with Registrar and Accounting Officer on various issues as needed
16. Train, supervise and evaluate assigned staff
17. Review financial reports, monitor accounts and prepare activity reports and economic forecasts.
18. Investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyse markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions.
19. Perform audit functions for the unit; report audit findings to senior management
a. Adhere to the Public Service codes, rules and regulations
b. Other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/related field or equivalent.
- The position requires at least five (5) years on the job experience with at least three (3) years at a professional level to acquire the competencies necessary to respond to the challenges of the functions.
SALARY: Grade 8 - $51,147.50 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate. Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com. Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (APB2A-20-15) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10th July 2020