MINISTRY: Education, Youth, Culture, Social and Library Services
The Training Supervisor is responsible for planning, organising, coordinating, leading and supervising training and development within the TVET Institute. The job holder will identify training centre needs, evaluate training initiatives, and maintain staff, trainees and training records.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. In conjunction with TVET Organisation and Institute partners, act as the establishment liaison for staff and trainee development and engagement initiatives to improve organisational attachment and retention/attraction.
2. Ensure the maintenance of accurate training records, provide participants with feedback and inform management of development and training activities.
3. Effectively manage all training materials and resources in accordance with TVET requirements
4. Liaise with other TVET Institutes, Government departments and other Industry Partners on matters of training.
5. Make recommendations to the Director/Principal for improvements in the training activities where considered necessary.
6. Prepares and submits training material requirements within established timeframe and accounts for all equipment and material assigned.
7. Prepare reports of the Unit's activities and forward copies to the Director/Principal and other relevant stakeholders.
8. Conduct research and assess current and specific training needs and development systems
9. Develop, design and implement training programmes, measurement tools, and provide feedback.
10. Provide expertise in development design.
11. Guide managers, supervisors and trainees in developing training skills.
12. Conduct and deliver training programmes.
13. Take responsibility for the personal and professional development of a trainee through the programme.
14. Develop a mutually accepted learning agreement. Undertake regular appraisals and feedback.
15. Help trainees maintain their learning portfolio.
16. Identify trainees in difficulty and support them in conjunction with the Principal/Career Development Officer/Trainee Support Services/Head of Section.
17. Organise logistics for all training.
18. Participates in special groups/committees and attends training seminars/ workshops and other functions as requested.
19. Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
20. Other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Human Resource Management/Business Management or field of expertise.
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) 4 /5, Bachelors in a related Vocational Area Training in fundamentals of TVET / Training of Trainers (Instructing in Levels 3 & 4).
- Certified Professional in Training Management is a plus.
- The job holder should have at least three (3) years' experience in a comparable position. The background should be from an industry/environment similar to what prevails at Training Agencies/Entities. These could include a polytechnic college, a national training agency, or the training department of a large employer.
SALARY: Grade 8 - $51,147.50 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate. Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com. Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (APB2A-20-12) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10th July 2020