This is a senior administrative position, which has responsibility for the smooth operation of administrative functions in the office and provides support in resource management of finances, human resources, facilities and purchasing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the Financial Manager to develop and implement the financial procedures within the department in order to ensure that the departmental finances meet government accountability requirements.
- Establish and supervise financial procedures in line with the Ministry of Finance guidelines and working in collaboration with the relevant financial manager
- Prepare budget and annual estimates
- Forecast funds needed for staffing, equipment and supplies
- Assist with preparation of business cases
- Maintain and control the department’s vote in the budget
- Undertake general accounting procedures for the department
- Prepare appropriate documentation for Head of Department approval
- Organize travel arrangements for HOD and staff
- Prepare minutes of meetings held by department
- Organize and schedule appointments for HOD and staff where necessary
- Supervise administrative services for all matters relating to the department.
- Plan, supervise and review the work for administrative and support staff
- Assist the Head of Department in developing business and operation plans
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
- Supervise administrative and support staff including induction, training, performance, appraisal, work plans, monitoring performance, motivate, etc.
- Supervise customer services and respond to complex customer inquiries
- Manage the maintenance and servicing of equipment and facilities.
- Perform purchasing functions including preparing tender packages, overseeing tender procedures, overseeing purchasing and purchase orders.
- Develop record and information systems for the department and oversee maintenance and troubleshooting for such.
- Perform various purchasing functions, review and/ or prepare bid packages for equipment or supplies; oversee the approval of all departmental purchase orders
- Adhere to all Public Service Codes, rules and regulations.
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• An Associate’s Degree in business administration/ related field or equivalent
• The position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ on the job experience to acquire the necessary competencies to respond effectively to the challenges of the job. Experience in the public sector is desirable.
SALARY: Grade 6 - $33,415.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB4-20-25) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
30TH OCTOBER 2020