This is a Senior Management position with responsibility of assisting the Executive Director for the effective and efficient management of the affairs of the Office of the Premier, Local Government, Community Affairs and TCI-London Office and provides the critical interface between the Premier’s Office and the TCIG, TCI Business Organizations, Non-Government Organizations, Legislative Assembly and Cabinet.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing the key relationships between the Premier’s Office, TCIG, TCI Business Organizations, NGOs and those with the Legislative Assembly and Cabinet
- Supports the Ministry in strategic planning within a performance management framework
- Identifies strategic policy opportunities for development and analyze key policy issues relevant to the Departments and Government at large
- Assist the Executive Director with developing policies and priorities of the Premier’s Office, and to ensure efficient and effective delivery
- Manages staff ensuring that staff operate at all times and in all circumstances within the letter and spirit of TCI law, and within the letter and spirit of TCI Government financial procedures, General Orders, and Codes of Conduct
- As a senior leader, provide a clear vision and effective leadership for their Command as part of a one-Ministry culture
- Promulgate and oversee actions to improve their Command’s capability in response to current and future challenges, including people development and succession planning
- Build credible relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders critical to delivering their Command’s priorities, including other Government Ministries and other sectors
- (Subject only to the need for person-related and commercial confidentiality) clearly, openly and transparently explain and account for their Command’s actions and decisions, including via the media.
- Directs and oversees arrangements for official meetings, seminars and conferences
- Directs and oversees the preparation and arrangements for ceremonial functions
- Substitute for the Executive Director at meetings etc, when the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institution
· Seven (7) years’ experience in a Public Sector Organization or similar industry, of which four (4) years must be in a similar or senior management role; with demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, financial management and policy development
SALARY: $59,552.50 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB4-20-30) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th OCTOBER 2020