The Head of Section is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining systems to effect operational efficacy in admissions, registration training, assessment, certification as well as records management. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that a consistent and certified pool of competent workers is available to satisfy labour market demands. This job is expected to have an institution-wide impact on the capacity to deliver high-quality labour market-driven programmes.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Administrative Duties
- Develop a sound system to efficiently respond to clients ‘queries, facilitate feedback and measure the responsiveness and overall experience or trainees.
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of Trainees’ records within prescribed guidelines (e.g. grades, registration data and transcripts).
- Liaise directly with the accrediting body
- Develop Manage, monitor and review quality assurance systems
- Develop and review policies and standard operating procedure manual
- Develop and implement training and assessment processes
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget
- Analyse training/assessment data or statistics to inform programme changes
- Ensure programmes are delivered based on quality standards
- Manages Trainees’ admission, ensuring the timely processing of applications and dissemination of information to applicants.
- Prepares and maintain trainees’ records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Provides guidance and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through registration and records.
- Oversee the development of a Career Development Plan for the Institute.
- Supervisory Duties
- Establish and maintain systems for the effective dissemination of information on policies, programmes and activities for the promotion and the general public.
- Organise and administer the records, registration and graduation functions, including transcript and credit transfers.
- Lead and conduct internal quality audits and make recommendations for process improvement
- Lead in the preparation of the annual operational plan to support the achievement of the national /strategic objectives
- Oversee and participate in the development and implementation of industry exposure / Work Study Programmes.
- Coordinates and monitor moderation activities for the Institute and recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates and manage assessment activities for the Institute
- Other Duties
- Participates in and lead cross-functional and technical groups/committees as required.
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) certification
· Supervisory Management (Cert)
· Training or Workforce Development
· Teaching/Instructional Design & Delivery
Required Experience: The job holder should have at least three (3) years’ experience in a comparable position. The background should be from an industry/environment similar to what prevails at Training Agencies/Entities. These could include a polytechnic college, a national training agency, or the training department of a large employer.
SALARY: Grade 7.1 - $41,205.00 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (APB4-20-37) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
30TH OCTOBER 2020