This is a senior position responsible for coordinating the political and administrative interface
between the Minister and Permanent Secretary in the allocated Ministry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordinate the secretariat function in the Ministry, which includes liaison between the Permanent Secretary and Minister, and between the Permanent Secretary Board, Cabinet, and House of Assembly for the purpose of the business of the Ministry progressing through the political and administrative processes
- Act as Committee Secretary for all Ministry and Executive Board meetings, by undertaking all administration related to the Boards and assisting the Chair to facilitate the operation of the Board's business
- Maintain links with Permanent Secretaries Board, Cabinet/House of Assembly Secretariat as appropriate
- Assist the Permanent Secretary/Minister in preparation of policies and papers for the Permanent Secretaries Board
- Seek advice from the Deputy Governor's Office regarding Permanent Secretaries Board, Cabinet and House of Assembly matters
- Review and keep track of issues coming to Permanent Secretary/Minister from House of Assembly, Ministry, rest of TCIG, outside TCIG
- Assist the Minister with responses to Parliamentary Questions
- Prioritise issues, ensure Permanent Secretary/Minister has appropriate advice before decisions or meetings
- Maintain database of policy and legislative plans and proposals
- Co-ordinate Ministry business plans and maintain risk register
- Maintain database of relevant Cabinet actions for the Ministry and work with the Permanent Secretary on liaising with appropriate personnel to ensure actions implemented as required and in a timely manner
- Liaise with Executive Administrator about Permanent Secretary’s and Minister’s diaries in relation to secretariat functions
- Ensure record-keeping of Permanent Secretary’s and Minister’s decisions
- Liaise with Senior Press Officer over Ministerial announcements, etc
- Co-ordinate and manage protocol for Ministry functions and Permanent Secretary's and Minister's international travel engagements; consult with Senior Press and Protocol Officer within the Office of the Premier on protocol matters as required
- Adhere to all Public Service rules and regulations
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Significant experience of at least five (5) years in working at a senior level with plans, policies, strategic issues and liaising with senior executives either in the public or private sector.
SALARY: Grade 7.1 $41,205.00 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LSB4-20-15) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th October, 2020