The incumbent will provide financial support to the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned on all financial matters pertaining to that portfolio (including all departments and sections). He/she will ensure that the portfolio fulfills the financial requirements of the Public Financial Management Ordinance and Regulations 2012 and the Public Procurement Ordinance 2012 and ensure that all accounting and financial systems of the portfolio are properly structured and are managed in an efficient and timely manner
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure financial control systems are complied with within the Ministry/department assigned, that there is sound financial management with all financial transaction in accordance with payment policies, procedures and legislative requirements including working within budgetary allocations
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, strategic plan, including financial estimates, personnel plan, performance targets and revenue and expenditure outputs.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial report of the performance of the Ministry/departments in a format approved by the Accountant General, no later than the 20th of the following month.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue, expenditure and cash flow forecasts
- Ensure that financial data is reconciled on a monthly basis and journals to correct errors are prepared and processed on a timely basis.
- Prepare Virements and supplemental budgets on behalf of the Ministry/Department assigned as and when required
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and review for integrity of the amounts in the ledger to ensure that all balances stated are correct, justified and supported
- Monitor and oversee the management of the Ministry’s “Fixed Asset Register” to ensure that all fixed asset transactions have been carried out in accordance with the relevant ordinance and regulations.
- Assist with revenue collection process & provide advice in regard to the process for debtor collection as is required from time to time
- Assist the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned with the preparation audit schedules, when required.
- Assist the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned with preparing responses to audit queries, when required
- Monitor and oversee the “Loss Register” of the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned.
- Monitors and oversee the “Claims and Legal Proceedings against Government Register” of the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned.
- Monitor and oversee the “Travel Register” of the Ministry/Administrative Unit assigned.
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager, Accounting Officer or Deputy Accountant General.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- An Undergraduate degree in accounting or financial management (BSc/BCom./BBA).
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) - desirable
- The position requires at least three (3) years hands-on experience which should have been obtained at a management level.
- Intermediate public financial management skills
- Intermediate financial reporting
- Overview of financial controls
- Intermediate organizational development skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft software applications in particular excel
SALARY: Grade 7.1- $41,205.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, and Grand Turk Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LSB4-20-12) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th October, 2020