Turks and Caicos Airports Authority is accepting applications for the following position:
Post: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER FOR TURKS AND CAICOS AIRPORTS AUTHORITY
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the Accounting Officer of the Turks and Caicos Islands Airport Authority (TCIAA) and is responsible to the Board for day-to-day Management and co-ordination of activities in the TCIAA, executing strategy, generating revenue, engaging customers and stakeholders, managing risk and ensuring compliance, driving performance and growing talent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- The CEO directs the marketing, airport development, planning and engineering, community and public relations, administrative, financial matters, procurement, budgeting and legal staff in fulfilling the mission of the Airport Authority. Provides 24-hour management and control of Authority facilities and operations to ensure the safe, efficient, secure and continuous operational use of runways, taxiways, terminal buildings and ramp.
- In addition to being the TCIAA primary representative to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA/Regulators), the CEO acts as the lead point of contact with the Government, Board, and Local officials. Such collaboration is particularly critical in recognizing the airport’s impact on future economic development initiatives and long-term modernization and expansion of its facilities and services.
- The CEO oversees a workforce of over 350 employees engaged in the operational, security, fire services, air traffic control, administration, budgetary, maintenance, commercial and design and construction activities on-site at the Airports. The workforce may consist of both public and private sector employees.
- The CEO facilitates monthly board meetings with the Airports Authority Board of Directors and guides staff in preparing and presenting agenda items for approval. Administrative duties include overseeing relations with airlines, concessionaires and Airport Tenants. Facilitating the preparation of contracts and reviews and offers guidance in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Supervising the Airports Authority Executive Staff, including the Airport Manager, Terminal and Marketing Manager, Fire Services Manager, Security Manager, Safety Management Manager, Financial Controller, Chief Operations Officer, Human Resources, Training and Development Manager, Air Traffic Services Manager, Engineer and Maintenance Manager and other employed staff and consultants engaged in the operation and support of the Airports Authority.
- Working directly with the airline industry to ensure maximum options for the flying public; Representing the Authority with the public, airlines, and other members of the community and government agencies.
- Leading the development of the Airport’s economic planning activities in support and in collaboration with regional business leaders and Elected Officials to ensure maximum coordinated planning and implementation.
- Maintaining membership with relevant International Associations; representing the organization and attending conferences, workshops, and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the field of Aviation and Airport Development.
- Obtaining and providing timely financial and operational updates to the TCIAA Board.
- Directing the oversight of FBOs and all areas of its operations and areas of responsibility which include, but is not limited to, fuel farm operations, aircraft fueling, security and handling of aircraft.
- Working in conjunction with the ASSI, TCICAA and law enforcement to assure the safety and security of the passengers, all airport employees and visitors of the Airport.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL
- Demonstrate leadership and management ability to lead, motivate and develop a diverse team of staff. Experienced in management of public facilities and employees.
- Familiarity with ICAO, OTAR, IATA, ANO and Turks and Caicos Islands transportation and aviation rules and regulations, including Public Procurement Ordinance, Employment Ordinance, procedures, and agreements.
- Highly ethical, resourceful, and demonstrate good judgement and personal leadership.
Comprehensive knowledge of public finance market practices for funding major capital projects.
- An experienced multitasker with the ability to plan and direct all aspects of large-scale projects through planning, financing, and construction phases with demonstrated success completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- A skilled communicator who can present complex written and oral reports clearly and concisely with the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
- Be a strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and able to identify economic opportunities in a dynamic environment, take calculated risks, and capitalizing on them.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized/accredited university. A Master’s Degree is desirable and certification in aviation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ working experience in this field, ten (10) of which must be in a Senior Management/leadership position with hands on experience and direct responsibility for effectively delivering strategic objectives, generating substantial revenues, managing significant capital and operational budgets.
- Preference will be given to Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) or Accredited Airport Certified Manager (CM) and applicants with multi-discipline aviation experience.
Salary: $140,000 - $170,000 per annum with additional benefits.
Interested persons must submit a cover letter, resumes and references no later than close of business on July 30, 2021 to The Chairman of the Board Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority, Care of HR Manager, Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority, Providenciales International Airport, Turks and Caicos Islands firstname.lastname@example.org