This is a professional and supervisory post to ensure the workflow of the legal and administrative office. The Director is responsible for the day to day background tasks necessary to keep the Attorney General’s Chambers running effectively and efficiently.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director will assist in coordination of the performance of legal and administrative tasks of the Chambers and provide general support for the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General.
- Analyse and supervise the workflow of the Chambers make recommendations for improvement of efficiency
- Liaise with the Deputy Attorney General, Commissioner of Lands, Principal Legislative Drafter and Principal Crown Counsels to prepare periodic reports on the workflow in Chambers (including on a monthly or quarterly basis, as required)
- Identify, formulate and recommend policies, procedures and projects designed to achieve objectives; analyse and review procedures to recommend and implement changes
- Prepare annual estimates of expenditure for the Attorney General’s Chambers in line with budgetary policies and priorities, including reports and related documents such as new spending requests and business cases
- Co-ordinate responses to the Permanent Secretary, Finance, Accountant General and Budget Director in respect of the expenditure and workflow of the Chambers as requested
- Oversee the administrative arrangements in the Chambers, including enquiries, bookings and diary management, filing and data management and any projects undertaken by the Chambers
- In conjunction with both the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, set regular priorities and objectives for staff and oversee the meeting of those objectives including through the provision of regular structured appraisals and ongoing feedback.
- Monitor the allocation of legal and administrative work within the Chambers
- Ensure that staff understand how their activities and set goals that contribute to the strategies of the Chambers
- Assist with providing training and development opportunities for staff, as appropriate
- Oversee the property control and inventory of furniture and equipment and that there is proper maintenance
- Oversee related or delegated duties and report to the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General on the monitoring of tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- The post holder must possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or Accounting.
- The position required a minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a senior management level, in a legal environment, or equivalent administrative level within government.
- The areas of experience should include but not limited to:
o Basic accounting principles/management and public administration
o Office Management
o Drafting meaningful reports, various types of correspondence and procedure manuals.
It is desirable that the post holder have a working knowledge of case management software, E-Court systems and Web based transaction processing.
SALARY: Grade 8: $51,147.50 per annum plus allowances
For persons recruited outside of the Turks & Caicos Islands a two-year extendable contract is offered. Other benefits in addition to basic salary include a Housing Allowance, End-of contract gratuity of 10%, return passages for a family of up to two children under the age of 18 years, freight cost and duty exemption on personal effects imported within six months of the appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LWB3-21-22) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
30TH JULY 2021