To provide professional social work services to the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands. This is a specialized professional position, which has departmental wide responsibility for the elderly, orphans, juveniles, probationers and parolees. The Social Worker is responsible for counselling clients and their families, interviewing and assessing foster families and collaborating with other departments and organizations to ensure that the needs of disadvantaged persons in the communities are met.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel clients and their families (individual, group and family)
- Assess the needs of clients and their families for recommendations and implement changes (e.g. foster families, adoption, probations, parole, etc)
- Case Manage assigned cases – plan, monitor and review assigned cases to ensure that progress is being made while keeping accurate and timely records
- Crisis Intervention of reported cases of abuse and need to achieve positive change
- Investigate cases of abuse and of needs of disadvantaged persons in the community and to implement practical intervention
- Write reports – collect and document information in order to prepare reports which will assist the Court and other agencies in their decision making process, e.g. Court matters such as child care and protection matters, Social Inquiry Reports on juvenile offenders, community service evaluations etc. Other reports such as Home Study Reports for prospective adoption and requested overseas reports etc.
- Advocate/collaborate with other departments and organizations to ensure that needs of clients and their families are met and to enable them to access and utilize systems and/or services available in the local community
- Community Work – assist in identifying community needs so that appropriate resources can be developed and conducting seminars with the school and other agencies to promote social awareness
- Prepare monthly statistical reports
- Assist with the formulation of policies
- Make referrals and giving assistance to mental health patients
- Make recommendations and compiling applications for welfare recipients
- Provide welfare grants in emergency or disaster situations
- Visit prison to counsel and meet with prisoners
- Supervise and monitor persons on probation
- Work with the disaster committee and the Red Cross to prepare for the hurricane season
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
- Perform any other related duties as directed by the Director and Senior Social Worker
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/related field or equivalent.
· A minimum of two (2) years’ experience
SALARY: - GRADE 6 $33,415.00 per annum plus Allowances
For persons recruited outside of the Turks & Caicos Islands a two-year extendable contract is offered. Other benefits in addition to basic salary include a Housing Allowance, End-of contract gratuity of 10%, return passages for a family of up to two children under the age of 18 years, freight cost and duty exemption on personal effects imported within six months of the appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LWB3-21-15) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th July 2021