This managerial position is responsible for the direction and oversight of a school system or set of programs in a specialized field and will oversee formulation of policies, setting of standards, development of the capabilities of staff, development and promotion of programs and targets to increase and improve capacity of the education sector.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, inspect and evaluate schools and staff in conjunction with school principals.
- Supervise and assess the performance of school administrators (professional and administrative).
- Study the educational needs of students and develop plans for meeting their needs.
- Consult with principals and others on the need for curriculum change, resources and monitor the implementation of recommended changes
- Prepare and submit reports to the Director of Education with recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate the assessment of students and assist teachers with developing strategies for working with students.
- In conjunction with the Director of Education assist with the recruitment screening, selection, and training of staff.
- Encourage and support professional development of teachers and principals relevant to the specialty field.
- Recommend to the Director of Education the removal of a staff member whose work is below acceptable standards.
- Conduct staff meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the specialty field.
- Assist in the data collection process for the sector.
- Assist in the establishment and evaluation of school goals and objectives as requested.
- Implement the Education Ordinance, regulations and policies.
- Conduct regular visits to schools to develop, monitor and evaluate programs and services.
- Coordinate specific programs and services.
- Conduct training sessions for parents and teaching staff as required.
- Make recommendations about the budget to support programs and services as required.
- Inform the Director of Education about education needs, problems, and other information as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of rules and regulations for area of responsibility and ensure the country’s compliance.
- Participate in Administrative meetings, negotiations meetings, Department of Education meetings, and other meetings as required and appropriate.
- Work with school supervisors on school related issues.
- Liaise with external agencies to coordinate education events and projects.
- Initiate local forums to discuss, consult and inform other stakeholders on educational matters
- Keep abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Education.
- Perform other related tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree in education administration/ leadership or relevant management qualification in addition to a teacher’s certificate or diploma is essential
$51,147.50 per annum plus allowances
For persons recruited outside of the Turks & Caicos Islands a two year extendable contract is offered. Other benefits in addition to basic salary include a Housing Allowance, End-of contract gratuity of 10%, return passages for a family of up to two children under the age of 18 years, freight cost and duty exemption on personal effects imported within six months of the appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (KHB3-21-02) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30TH JULY 2021