Job Purpose and Scope:
The main focus of this position will be to:
- Assist the Financial Controller/Senior Accountant with maintaining the company’s fixed asset register. The Junior Accountant is accountable for ensuring that a proactive and integrated approach is adopted towards leading and managing the assets of the Authority (properties, equipment, and facilities) to ensure compliance with customer, safety, regulatory and economic objectives of the Airports Authority. The Junior Accountant will also be responsible for managing services and processes to provide adequate support to the various properties, equipment, and facilities of the Airports Authority. In addition, they are to use the best business and most appropriate practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the preparation of appropriate, timely, and accurate financial statements monthly or when requested
- Assist the Senior Accountant with the preparation of monthly and weekly payroll
- Assist the Senior Accountant in preparing annual financial statements for auditing and with the reconciliation of various accounts.
Typical Task Include:
To assist the Financial Controller/Senior Accountant in:
- preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- checking that agreed on work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- liaising with tenants of commercial properties; • directing and planning essential central services such as property and equipment maintenance, archiving, and recycling of equipment;
- calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- ensuring the facilities meet health and safety requirements;
- Establish and promote a safe working environment and culture conducive to good and efficient working practice
- planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Any other duties as directed by the Financial Controller/Senior Accountant
- Must have a working knowledge of Peachtree Accounting package
- Must have full working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification plus a minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in a senior management position. Experience working in the Aviation industry would be an asset.
Commensurate with qualifications in the range of $43,000 - $48,000 per annum with additional allowances.
Interest persons must submit their applications by June 30, 2022 to:
Human Resources Department
Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority
Providenciales International Airport
Telephone# 649-941-8692, Fax# 9415996. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org