This is a senior management position with nationwide responsibility for the administration of the Emergency Medical Services Department throughout TCI. The job holder will oversee the Department's daily functions, manage the staff, ensure the safe transportation and clinical management of patients in the prehospital and inter-hospital environments, educate the public and liaise as required regarding the development of Emergency Medical Services policy and relevant ordinances. The job holder will participate in the response to National disasters and multiple patient incidents in conjunction with the DDME (Department of Disaster Management) and HEMU (Health Emergency Management Unit).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with MOHHS, allied agencies and hospital administration to ensure strong and effective relations
- Ensure effective policies and operational strategies with regard to National disasters in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Investigate/review occurrences and complaints
- Ensure the maintenance of all applicable data and equipment records.
- Development, formulation, modification, and implementation of department policies, standards, regulations, and general operating guidelines and procedures associated with National EMS delivery
- Ensure the requisition, distribution, and inventory control of approved drugs, medical supplies, and equipment pertaining to EMS operations
- Act as operational supervisor as required
- Act as EMT/Paramedic as required
- Observes work performance and Key Performance Indicators of EMS staff, evaluates work performance and conduct appraisals.
- Ensure that legislative framework and applicable regulations are observed
- Liaise with the Permanent Secretary and CMO about recommendations for necessary amendments to relevant regulations
- Ensure that systems are in place to educate the public and answer queries regarding the Emergency Medical Services
- Manage department operations
- Supervise and instruct staff as required
- Prepare and submit monthly reports regarding Emergency Medical Services to the Permanent Secretary, CMO and Epidemiology Unit
- Prepare the department’s budget
- Ensure budgetary compliance
- Develop and implement revenue generating strategies
- Oversee the maintenance of vehicle registration
- Arrange required training for the department’s staff
- Liaise with the police department regarding public safety issues
- Adhere to Public Service codes, rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Certification or licensure as an EMT or paramedic
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- A relevant postgraduate qualification is desirable
- Instructor training is highly desirable in CPR, BLS, ACLS and EMS
- The position requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years in EMS experience and demonstrated experience in people management, compliance and auditing and public safety
- Basic Salary: Grade 9 $61,934.60 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (JPB4-22-4) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
2ND December, 2022