Travel Advisory #5 Return of Turks and Caicos Islanders and Residents Emergency Powers (COVID-19) (No. 4) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020
The Ministry of Tourism wishes to advise the general public of the Emergency Powers (COVID-19) (No. 4) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020 which came into operation on 15th May 2020. This amendment to the principal Regulation, provides for the return of Turks and Caicos Islanders, students and residents to the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Subregulation 4 of Regulation 8 which refers to the closure of airports and seaports was amended to remove the restriction on incoming flights for the purpose of returning Turks and Caicos Islanders or residents to the Islands.
Persons permitted entry into the Islands by international air travel, subject to the satisfaction of these Regulations, include any:
- Turks and Caicos Islander
- Permanent resident who ordinarily resides in the Islands for the majority of the year as opposed to those who reside outside of the Islands and only travel to the Islands occasionally during the year
- Residence Permit holder who is married to a Turks and Caicos Islander
The above mentioned persons should note the following:
- You must contact the airlines directly to book a seat.
- You will be required to complete and submit to the airline a health screening questionnaire for COVID-19 prior to arrival in the Islands.
- You will be placed under quarantine in a specified place for a period of fourteen days and shall be monitored by a health officer for symptoms and signs of COVID-19 disease.
- You will be required to sign a quarantine order and to complete other relevant forms as required by the Ministry of Health.
For full details and guidance on the Emergency Powers (COVID-19) (No. 4) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020 please go to: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/regulations
- Number of persons in your traveling party
- Contact information
- Country of departure
- Proof of legal status in the Turks and Caicos Islands
The Turks and Caicos Islands Ministry of Health advised the public that as at 12am on 21st May, 2020 the COVID-19 position in the Turks and Caicos Islands saw no new positive cases recorded. The number of active cases remain at zero (0), confirmed positive cases continue to remain at twelve (12); with ten (10) cases now having recovered from COVID-19.