The Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands - Hon. Anya Williams
The Deputy Governor is:
- a non-voting member of Cabinet and acts as Governor when the latter is absent from the territory.
- heads the public service
- is the line manager of the Permanent Secretaries
- chairs a Permanent Secretaries’ committee that reviews legislation and decisions for Cabinet.
This Office also has direct responsibility for:
- The Human Resources Management Division
- Training Unit
- Democratic Services
- House of Assembly
- Directorate Services
- Contracts & Corporate Performance Management
- The TCIG Press Office
The Turks and Caicos Islands Civil Service is a vital organ of government that is responsible for developing and delivering policies and services to the residents and visitors of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The core functions of the public service are:
- Service delivery
- Tax collection and management of government finances
- Monitoring and enforcement of laws and policies
Anya Williams is the second appointed Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands and is the Head of the Public Service. She was appointed on October 15, 2012 through an open recruitment process.
Mrs. Williams holds both a Bachelors and Masters Degree in Accounting from Florida International University in Miami, Florida and is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma which is an honor society that recognizes the top tenth percentile of all Business Graduates in the United States.
Mrs. Williams previously held both the post of Budget Director and Permanent Secretary Finance in the Turks and Caicos Islands Government.
Her vision is to create a well-structured and resourced public service that is professionally respected and is able to serve the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands by providing efficient and effective services.