GOVERNMENT OF HAITI
BUILDING CAPACITY FOR DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT AND CLIMATE RESILIENCE, ILE-À-VACHE – HAITI PROJECT
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
The Government of Haiti (GOH) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$5.5 million towards the cost of the Building Capacity for Disaster Risk Management and Climate Resilience, Ile-à-Vache – Haiti Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under contracts procured under this project. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOH and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOH shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The following consultancy assignments will be procured under the project:
- Development of Early Warning Systems, Climate Change Adaptation Plan And Climate Resilient Spatial Plan;
- Sustainable Fisheries And Coastal Ecosystem Management Pilot Programme;
- Sustainable Livelihoods Options;
- Water Resources Management and Hydrometric Analysis;
- Design And Supervision Support For Pilot Mini-Grid System and Photovoltaic power for Reverse Osmosis System;
- Maintenance Training Solar Photovoltaic and Lighting Systems;
- Project Advisory Services; and
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Services.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period September 2017 to December 2018.
The following goods and works will be procured under the project:
- Ice Plant Complex;
- Electrical Mini Grid and PV System;
- Patrol Boat and Fisheries Equipment;
- Hydro-meteorological Equipment;
- Water Resources Monitoring Equipment;
- Water Treatment Systems;
- Spare parts for solar street lights; and
- Off-road all-terrain vehicle.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period December 2017 to June 2019.
Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers from member countries of CDB will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities. In addition, in respect of the procurement of consulting services for Development of Early Warning Systems, Climate Change Adaptation Plan and Climate Resilient Spatial Plan, funded by European Union, the eligibility of consultants is extended to all countries.
In respect of the procurement of the off-road all-terrain vehicle the eligibility of the origin and source of the vehicle is extended to all countries, and in respect of the procurement of the mini-grid, the eligibility of bidders and source and origin of equipment is extended to all countries
The Ministry of Environment is the Executing Agency for the project. Further details of the project can be obtained by contacting the first address below.
Ministère de l'Environnement
Direction Changements Climatiques
1, Rue Marcel Toureau, Pétion-Ville (Berthé),
Tel: (+509) 2817 0666
Cell: (+509) 3859 7318