GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
ESSEX VALLEY AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
The Government of Jamaica (GOJ) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) - United Kingdom Caribbean Infrastructure Partnership Fund (UKCIF), in an amount equivalent to £35,515,000 towards the cost of the Essex Valley Agriculture Development Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under contracts procured under this project. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of the Government of Jamaica (GOJ) and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOJ shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The following consultancy assignments will be procured under the project:
- Off-farm Irrigation System and Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure - Engineering Designs and Construction Supervision Services.
- Development and Delivery Farmer Advisory Services in Climate Smart Agriculture and GLOBALG.A.P.
- Conduct of a Climate Vulnerability Assessment.
- Development of Gender-responsive Guidelines for Mainstreaming the Economic Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups in Agriculture and Organisational Strengthening.
- Conduct of a Cost of Service and Tariff Study for the National Irrigation Commission.
- Development of an Operational Plan for Essex Valley.
- Conduct of an Energy Audit for National Irrigation Commission Facilities.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period June 2017 to December 2021.
The following goods and/or works and/or non-consultancy services will be procured under the project:
- Conduct of a Cadastral Survey of the Essex Valley Area.
- Development of irrigation wells.
- Development of off-farm Irrigation Infrastructure - including pumps, water storage tanks and pipe distribution network.
- Development of an estimated 3.1 megawatts photovoltaic System with an estimated 850 kWh electric storage for the irrigation system.
- Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure (Buildings).
- Upgrading of Farm Access Roads.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period June 2017 to December 2023.
Consultants and/or Contractors and/or Suppliers from member countries of CDB will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities.
The Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, GOJ is the Executing Agency for the project.
Further details of the project can be obtained by contacting the address below.
- Address and Contact Information of Executing Agency:
Project Execution Unit, EVADP
c/o National Irrigation Commission Ltd.
191 Old Hope Road
Mr. Milton Henry
Tel: (876) 977 6624