GOVERNMENT OF SURINAME
ELECTRICITY SYSTEM UPGRADE AND EXPANSION PROJECT
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
The Government of Suriname (GOS) has been approved for financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$65 million towards the cost of an Electricity System Upgrade and Expansion Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under contracts procured under this project. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOS and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOS shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The following consultancy assignments will be procured under the project:
- Electrical Engineering Consultancy Services to assist in all aspects of the procurement process, and to provide engineering supervision throughout the implementation of the project;
- Civil Engineering Consultancy Services to assist with the technical inspection and certification of all civil construction works to ensure compliance with contract provisions throughout the implementation of the Project;
- Master Grid Study; and
- Dynamic Stability Study.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period April 2017 to June 2018.
The following turnkey contracts will be procured under the project:
- Expansion and Upgrade – EPAR System (Paramaribo);
- Expansion and Upgrade – ENIC System (Nickerie);
- Two 1MW Solar PV Plants – Nickerie; and
- One 300kW Solar PV Plant – Coronie.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period January 2018 to December 2018.
Consultants and Turnkey Contractors from member countries of CDB will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities. Eligibility of source and origin of some key plant and equipment, procured under the turnkey contracts, will be extended to member countries of the Inter-American Development that are not member countries of CDB.
NV EnergieBedrijven Suriname (EBS), the electric utility, is the Executing Agency for the project. Further details of the project can be obtained by contacting the address below.
Mr. Jerry Aseja
N.V. EnergieBedrijven Suriname
Phone: (+597) 471045 ext. 9634
Mobile: (+597) 8544833