Ministry of Tourism Environment, Heritage, Maritime, Gaming and Disaster Management:
Sport fishing Operators requested to provide Submission Forms
The Department of Environment & Coastal Resources would like to advise sport fishing operators that, in accordance with relevant provisions of the Fisheries Protection Regulation 6 (h)(i);(ii); and (iii):
“A Sport fishing license: authorizing the holder to engage in fishing in any area of the fishery limits and-
- to retain in any one day’s fishing for consumption by the holder of the license or in the home of the holder of the license marine products not exceeding ten pounds (10lbs) in weight per day;
- to retain during the license as a trophy one fish of unlimited size;
- to release alive any marine products that exceed the allowance in subparagraph (i & ii): Provided that all catch and bycatch are recorded and reported within seven days to the Director”.
The DECR requests that all Sport fishing Operators immediately document and submit completed Sport fishing operator’s submission forms. First submissions are expected by August 7th (2019) detailing:
- the date of trip
- location of activity
- species and genus capture
- size and
- (if applicable) release procedures.
Failure to submit the required data using the prescribed form constitutes an offense.
Please be guided accordingly.