Additional Covid-19 Case Identified
The Ministry of Health wishes to advise the general public that an additional positive Covid-19 case has been identified. This brings the total number of Covid-19 cases in the TCI to 15 since the start of the pandemic.
This individual was identified through contact tracing which was carried out by the Public Health team. This person who is a contact of a positive case, was earlier placed on quarantine in response to the positive results received over the weekend. The individual is being managed by the Public Health Team and does not require admission to the Hospital.
The Public Health team has continued to carry out their contact tracing activities including the identification of close contacts, testing and quarantine. In addition, screening of front-line workers is ongoing.
The general public are reminded to contact the health hotlines on 232 9444 or 333 0911 if you are experiencing the following symptoms; cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, body aches or diarrhea.
Continue to protect yourself and others by;
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (70% or more alcohol)
- Practicing social distancing at all times-keeping 6 feet from other persons
- Using face coverings when in public (must cover mouth and nose)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or a tissue which should be properly disposed of)
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks and ATM machines.
- Stay home and call the Health Hotlines if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Stay informed about Covid-19-visit the Ministry of Health’s website: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/