The Turks and Caicos Islands record another new case of COVID-19
Another new case of COVID-19 is being reported by the Ministry of Health. The Turks and Caicos Islands now has a total of sixteen (16) cases of COVID-19 with 10 recoveries, 1 death, one person who left the country and 4 active cases.
The newly reported case was identified in the community. The individual has been quarantined and will be managed in the community along with their immediate contacts. The Public Health team will be conducting contact tracing in order to identify any other persons who are close contacts in order to test and quarantine them.
With the ongoing local testing taking place through the National Public Health Laboratory, including the testing of suspected cases as well as front line workers, it is expected that more positive test results will be received going forward.
The general public is reminded to take the following precautions to protect themselves and others;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol)
- Practice social distancing at all times-keeping 6 feet from other persons
- Use face coverings when in public (must cover mouth and nose)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (use your elbow or tissue which should be properly disposed of)
- Keep frequently touched surfaces clean e.g. tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks and ATM machines.
- Stay home and call the Health Hotlines if you have symptoms of COVID-19 on 232 9444 or 333 0911
- Avoid contact with others who are sick
Stay informed about COVID-19, visit the Ministry of Health’s website: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/