Additional positive cases of Covid-19 identified in TCI including at the Providenciales Detention Center
Since June 22nd 2020, the Ministry of Health has identified a number of positive cases of Covid-19 on the island of Providenciales. The latest results of testing bring the total number of Covid-19 positive cases to 54 for the Turks and Caicos Islands. The most recent results received last night will be reflected in todays updated dashboard.
These cases have been identified as a result of contact tracing of positive cases, persons presenting to health care settings with symptoms as well as persons who were detained in the detention center from the community.
The Ministry of Health’s Public Health Team is in the field conducting additional contact tracing and is working with the Ministry of Immigration, Department of Immigration and the Detention Center staff in order to conduct contact tracing and quarantine in accordance with Ministry of Health protocols.
The general public is reminded to;
- Comply with the control measures to prevent and control the spread of Covid-19
- Be aware of the symptoms and signs of Covid-19 (cough, shortness of breath, fever, diarrhea, loss of smell/taste)
- Stay home if you are unwell and call the Health Hotlines on 333 0911 or 232 9444
- Wear face coverings in public
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet from other persons
- Cover your cough/sneeze with your elbow or disposable napkin
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Do not discriminate against persons who are suspected of having Covid-19
- Visit the Ministry of Health’s website for up to date information and guidance https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/
Let us all work together to keep the TCI safe.