Oral Health Month - DENTISTRY IN A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT
Fellow residents of the Turks and Caicos Islands. The Government Dental Department under the Ministry of Health, Agriculture, Sports and Human Services are very delighted that you can join us in the month of October in celebrating Oral Health Month. The month is being celebrated under the theme ‘Dentistry in A Changing Environment’. The month of activities will be celebrated from October 1st to October 30th 2020.
During this month, we will be highlighting various aspects and activities, geared at sensitizing the general public on the relevance of Good Oral Health. Good Oral Health contributes to Good Overall Health.
We are aware that COVID-19 has not just changed the way that we now have to access dental care for ourselves and families but COVID-19 the global pandemic continues to have devastating health, economic, and social effects, and is profoundly affecting the delivery of health services including Dental Services.
The Dental Department cannot stop over emphasizing the importance of prioritizing your oral health. You can play your part and improve Your Oral Health by following these helpful tips;
- Frequently brushing your teeth at least three times a day and very importantly before retiring to bed at night.
- Flossing regularly.
- Use of anti-cavity mouthwash.
- Drink a lot water: at least 6-8 glasses per day.
- Take your multivitamins.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain regular exercise.
- Avoid smoking.
- Manage your stress.
- Visit your dentist at least twice per year.
- Wear your mask/face covering in public and especially when visiting the Dental Clinic.
- Observe physical distancing of 6 feet.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Follow the new guidelines and protocols when visiting the Dentist.
The Government along with the Ministry of Health, invites you to visit your Dental Professionals for more information during this month.