Ministry of Education, Youth, Culture, Social and Library Services
Phase 3 - Roadmap for the Reopening of Schools
The 2020-2021 Academic Year in the Turks & Caicos Islands commenced on 31st August as per the Roadmap for the Reopening of Schools published by the Ministry of Education.
To date, the following milestones have been realized:
- Phase 1a – Orientation- Establish System for a Safe Reopening
- Phase 1b – Orientation – Preparation for Learning
- Phase 2 - Online Learning
Phase 3 of the Roadmap (Online with Blended Learning – Forms 4 & 5) commenced on Monday 5th October 2020 with the following reopening schedule:
- H J Robinson High School - Thursday, 15th October
- Marjorie Basden High School - Wednesday, 7th October
- Raymond Gardiner High School - Tuesday, 13th October
- Clement Howell High School - Monday, 19th October (Form 5 only)
- British West Indies Collegiate - Monday, 5th October
- Champions for Christ International - Monday, 5th October (Form 5 only)
- Holy Family Academy - Monday, 5th October
- Maranatha Academy - Will commence later in the term
- Precious Treasures International - Tuesday, 13th October
- TCIPS Comprehensive High School - Will commence later in the term
- Wesley Methodist School - Monday, 5th October
- Elite High School - Monday 5th October (Form 5 only)
- Alpha Christian Academy - Online for the remainder of the term
All schools have developed Covid-19 safety protocols aligned to the Guidelines for the Reopening of Schools in the TCI issued by the Ministries of Education and Health.
The Ministry of Education will continue to monitor the status of the Covid-19 pandemic and make informed decisions about the next milestones set out in the Roadmap. All stakeholders will be informed about the progress being made.
A copy of the Roadmap is attached for ease of reference.