Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Heritage, Maritime, Gaming and Disaster Management
SHARK & RAY CONSERVATION PUBLIC CONSULTATION MEETINGS
The Department of Environment and Coastal Resources (DECR) would like to notify the public of scheduled consultation meetings to discuss marine apex predator conservation in the Turks and Caicos Islands, to be hosted by the Bahamas National Trust (BNT).
The consultation meetings will give the community an opportunity to objectively hear of possible conservation methods, as well as to express their opinions and concerns regarding shark & ray conservation. The fishing, water sports, diving and tour operator stakeholders are strongly encouraged to attend, however the meetings are open to the public at large.
These final meetings come following preliminary meetings held in November 2018. Meetings will be held at the following locations:
- Grand Turk – Dillon Hall, Tuesday 13 August 2019 at 6pm;
- South Caicos – Community Centre, Wednesday 14 August 2019 at 6pm;
- North Caicos – Horse Stable Beach, Thursday 15 August 2019 at 5pm;
- North Caicos – Kew Community Centre, Thursday 15 August 2019 at 7pm;
- Providenciales – National Environmental Centre, DECR, Friday 16 August at 6pm.
The DECR requests that the public attend these meetings to have their comments and concerns noted.