“BECOME A SOCIAL MEDIA STAR!”
The Ministry of Youth is hosting an Interisland Video Campaign Competition that will make one lucky participant an instant local star. The goal is to create a catchy and compelling campaign video to promote the Ministry's new focus on Technical & Vocational Education transformation (TVET).
We are looking for the most captivating and eye-popping content. Whether you are displaying your musical talents or bubbling personality, show the entire Turks and Caicos Islands with an original video between One (1) and Two (2) minutes long. Any profanity or inappropriate language will automatically disqualify the participant.
The rules of the competition are as follows;
- Entries must be shared on the TCI Government’s Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/pressofficetcig/ using the hashtag #TVETTRANSFORMATIONTCI. The public will be welcomed to vote on their favourite submission. The public’s vote will account for 25% of the overall score.
- Entries will be assessed by an independent panel of judges. The winning submission will be used in the Ministry’s marketing and education campaign.
- Entrants must agree to hold the Ministry and all Ministry employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the use of their submission. Entries must assume all liability for any injury or damage caused from the participation in the competition or use/redemption of any prize.
- The Ministry reserves the right to re-record the winning entry in order to ensure a minimum quality standard for broadcast.
- By submitting their entry, entrants give permission to the Ministry to use their entry without need for any further permission or releases.
- The compensation for submitting an entry is the opportunity to be awarded the prize, of a tablet, if the entrant wins. No additional compensation will be made for entries submitted. The entrant accepts all copyright liabilities. The entrant warrants that all submissions are their own work, and all necessary permissions to use voice, music, images have been obtained.
- Content of submissions must comply with all local and national laws of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Content must not:
- Promote illegal behavior
- Support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice
- Advocate sexual or violent exploitation
- Violate rights established by law or agreement.
- Invade the privacy of any person; or be in otherwise inappropriate as determined by the Ministry
- Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the entry remains with the entrant, with the exception of the following:
- Winning entrant grants the Ministry the right to use their names and submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Winning entrant also grants the Ministry the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display their submission without further compensation or notification.
- The Ministry maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the entries for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes on our website, social media channels, on broadcast television (free to air and cable channels) in cinemas, at events or at any other venues or media outlets as determined by the Ministry
The Deadline for submissions is 13 December 2020 and the winner will be announced on 20 December 2020.