FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GOVERNMENT EXTENDS LIST OF INFECTED COUNTRIES
The Turks and Caicos Islands Government would like to advise that further to the amendment of the Public and Environmental Health Regulations amendments of 11th March, 2020 that: As of 20th March, 2020 the list of ‘infected countries’ in Regulation 2 of the Public and Environmental Health (Control Measures)(COVID-19) Regulations 2020 has been amended to include the following additional countries which are experiencing sustained in country transmission and may pose a risk to the public health of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
This list is based on the CDCs travel advisories which lists the following countries as having widespread ongoing transmission (level 3 warning). The expansion includes the following countries;
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Vatican City
- Persons in the Islands who have travelled to, from or through infected country may be quarantined
- A Turks and Caicos Islander or resident of the Islands who arrives in the Islands after travel to, from or through an infected country shall be—
- subjected to screening and passenger tracing at port of entry;
- subjected to clinical examination at port of entry; and
- quarantined for a period of fourteen days, as deemed necessary.