The Turks and Caicos Islands Government wishes to announce that the first batch of payments for Tranche No. 2 of the Citizens Inflation Adjustment Stimulus, will be available for collection at the Treasury on Grand Turk and Sub-Treasuries in the other islands (save for South Caicos) commencing Friday, 16th December, 2022 at 10:00a.m.
On South Caicos, cheques will be available on 19th December, 2022.
If an applicant has submitted the island of Providenciales as his/her permanent address, he/she should appear at the sub-treasury on that island to collect the cheque; and so on, for each respective island.
Approved Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card Holders and British Overseas Territory Citizens (BOTCs) will be required to provide the following when collecting a cheque:
- A valid Turks & Caicos Islands Government issued photo identification (e.g. Driver’s Licence, NIB Card, NHIP card, BOTC passport or a TCI Status Card);
- A copy of their stimulus application number (a list of approved application can be obtained from www.gov.tc); and
- A ticketed travel itinerary; for those traveling abroad within two (2) days of the date of collection.
Approved applicants are reminded that cheques will not be assigned to banks or released to anyone other than the approved applicant.
For those whose names do not appear on the list of the first Batch, applications continue to be vetted for approval and an announcement will be made as each batch is ready for collection.
On Providenciales, because of the possibility of congestion, cheques with be distributed as follows:
- Applicants whose last names/surnames begin with A to J on 16th December, 2022; and
- Applicants whose last names/surnames begin with K to Z on 19th December, 2022.
Otherwise cheques can be collected at normal working hours thereafter as cheques will be available for collection for six (6) months from the date of printing; after which all cheques will be cancelled.
The list of approved applicants is included in this release and can be obtained from www.gov.tc. Cheques at this time, are available to only those persons appearing on the list provided.
The public is reminded that Tranche No. 2 payments only cover eligible persons, who did not receive a benefit in the preapproved distribution in August 2022.