The Ministry of Education, Youth, Culture and Library Services is offering an Internship opportunity to a qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Scholarship Officer.
The Internship Programme will be based on working closely with the Scholarship Secretariat Unit.
Goal of Internship: provide students/persons with the opportunity of obtaining career-related work experiences, which allow them to apply and develop knowledge/skills, acquired through the internship in a working environment, while providing administrative support to the Scholarship Secretariat/Unit.
Duration of Internship: at the least but not limited to three working months.
Internships’ Job Description:
- Assist in collecting student applications and prepare and disburse notification letters acknowledging receipt and status of application.
- Assist in maintaining all materials (e.g. brochures, application forms) and arrange for distribution in response to requests.
- Under the supervision of the Scholarship Secretariat Manager assist the Scholarship Officer in preparing and dispatching scholarship award letters, bonds, brochures, etc. to scholarship recipients.
- Processing tuition and subsistence payments for overseas and local scholarships.
- Prepare travel arrangements for all international students and members of the secretariat unit.
- Prepare tuition payment cover letters and courier’s packets for disbursement and keep a log-book of the same.
- Receive all telephone calls pertaining to scholarships and direct them to the appropriate officer.
- Assist in relaying the status of student application or scholarships.
- Assist in maintaining the scholarship database for local and overseas scholarship and grant recipients.
- Ensure that entries are posted and filing is done on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications of Intern:
- Desired GPA of 3.0
- Must be transitioning into second year of undergraduate programme or above
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel