The Department of Agriculture, wishes to inform the public that trapping of stray dogs continues to be conducted throughout the island. This is part of the Department’s Animal Control Programme.
Persons are advised:
- Not to interfere, tamper, destroy or steal any of the Department’s traps as it is the property of the Turks and Caicos Islands Government, an offence prosecuted by Law;
- To secure and confine Owned Dogs. As owners may be fined in accordance with the Dogs (Control) Ordinance (2014) if their dogs are allowed to roam unaccompanied on public premises and roadways without a collar bearing an identification tag and a lead;
- Report any stray dogs roaming in your area to the Department of Agriculture;
- Not to obstruct officers of the Department while performing their duties of trapping; and
- Not to take matters into your own hands and inflict acts of cruelty to straying animals, this is an offence according to the Animal Health Ordinance (2012).
For more information and reporting of stray animals in your area, please visit or contact the Department of Agriculture Office in Providenciales.
Department of Agriculture
16 Parade Avenue, Butterfield Square, Providenciales
Telephone: 1(649) 338-(5266) OR (5265)