NOTICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
COURT OPENING HOURS & PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
The public is advised that with effect from Monday 22nd June, 2020 until further notice, the Registries of the Supreme and Magistrate’s Court in Grand Turk and Providenciales will be open to serve the public between 9:00am and 4:00pm on weekdays.
Please note the following:
- You will only be allowed entry to the Court building if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You are an Attorney at Law or party in a case that is listed and you have been advised to attend Court in person.
- You have a confirmed appointment or have been advised by Court personnel to attend the building.
- You are dropping off documents as directed by the Registrar/Clerk of Court.
- You must wear a mask. You will not be permitted entry to the building unless you are wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands before entering the building. A sink has been set up at the Registry in Providenciales with soap and water for you to wash your hands. Our Court Security at the Registries in both Grand Turk and Providenciales will also be available to spray your hands with hand sanitisers before entering the building
- You must speak with the Security before you proceed to any Court Room.
- Not more than 2 persons will be allowed to enter the Registry office at any one time. A tent has been erected at the front entrance of the building at the Registry in Providenciales. You will be asked to wait in the tent until you are ready to be attended to. Proper social distancing protocol will be observed and must be adhered to.
The Work of the Court Continues Remotely
In keeping with Practice Direction No. 3 of 2020 issued on 23rd April, 2020 the work of the Court will continue remotely, as far as is practicable.
All persons are therefore encouraged to continue to submit documents by email to the following email addresses, unless you are directed to deliver hard copies of documents:
Do not copy or send documents to be filed to the personal email addresses of court staff or any other court email address, unless directed by the Court to do so.
Court hearings will continue by video unless the Court directs parties to attend in person.
Payment of filing fees, fines, maintenance and other payments that are being made into Court are to be made via on-line transfer to the Treasury. If you cannot make on-line payments, please call the contact numbers provided below for an appointment to attend the Registry.
If you wish to make any enquiries about your case, if you have any questions or if you wish to make an appointment please call or send an email to the contact information provided below. Please note, that if you are calling about an existing matter, we recommend that you have your file number and the names of the parties available.
Telephone: Providenciales 338-4203/232-2460
Grand Turk 338-3972/231-7409
Telephone: Providenciales 338-4201/4205 or 232-7240
Grand Turk 338-3967/232-3949
22nd June, 2020