TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS REGIMENT RECRUITMENT
Do you want to serve your country as a ‘Reserve Marine’? An exciting and highly rewarding opportunity awaits those wishing to serve as a ‘Reserve Marine’ with the Turks and Caicos Islands Regiment.
The Regiment is a contingent Force with three (3) distinct functions:
• Defence of our Islands
• Protection of our Islands Borders
• Disaster preparedness, resilience and response
We are looking for our Islands best; aged eighteen (18) to fifty (50) years old. The Regiment will prize courage and resilience. Recruits will be required to start with a good level of physical fitness and be committed to improvement.
The roles will suit smart adaptable individuals - keen to use their initiative - who want to work as members of small, well-led Teams. We are keen to recruit a full range of professions and trades that can serve the country in times of disaster or emergency. Leadership potential will be prized and developed, as will an attitude that can deliver against the odds. One of the successful Candidates will be selected for training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, and there will be opportunities for others to gain early promotion into Non-Commissioned Officer roles.
As a Reserve, you will be required to:
• Undergo a two-week (2) Recruitment Residential training course and further developmental training
• Deploy operationally, and build skill throughout the year as required
• Participate in a two (2) week annual training camp
• Work alongside the Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force Marine Branch to protect our Islands Borders, maintain our territorial integrity and sovereignty, and protect our marine biodiversity
• Provide Humanitarian assistance and relief during and after disasters
• Assist in building our nation’s disaster resilience capabilities
Reserves will receive the following benefits:
• A daily stipend for training and work
• Promotion based on performance and experience
• Numerous opportunities for training and teamwork
• Other benefits currently being developed
Applicants are required to complete the online Application Form and Medical questionnaire, and will be invited to attend a Selection Weekend - that will involve fitness, initiative, swimming and aptitude
assessments. Do not rule yourself out! If you have what it takes to be a Reserve Marine in the TCI Regiment, we will find that potential and develop it.
All members of the TCI Regiment will be subject to the TCI’s Defense Ordinance (currently being developed).
This Advertisement is open to Turks and Caicos Islanders, British Overseas Territories Citizens and British Citizens only.
Closing Date for Applications 5th February, 2021.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION FORM: APPLICATION FORM
CLICK HERE FOR MEDICAL FORM: TCI REGIMENT CANDIDATE MEDICAL FORM
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO: BECOMING A MARINE