This is an administrative position, which has responsibility for the smooth operation of administrative functions in the office and for dealing with information that is sensitive and/or confidential.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administers and monitors the financial system in order to ensure that the Departmental finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
a) Supports the preparation of budgets
b) Prepares appropriate documentation for Head of Department approval
c) Establishes and maintain supplier accounts
d) Ensures transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
e) Verifies and submit purchase orders, vouchers and invoices for approval
f) Maintains financial files and records
2. Supervises administrative services for all matters relating to the Department
a) Administers and maintains Departmental record systems and manage databases
b) Manages systems for the filing, storage and security of documents
c) Manages the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment
d) Supervises customer services and respond to complex customer inquiries
e) Deals with the management of sensitive and/or confidential information
f) Administers contracts
g) Arranges dissemination of information
h) Monitors meeting arrangements
i) Provides administrative support to meetings by preparing agendas and writing minutes
j) Ensures travel arrangements for departmental personnel are made
k) Manages systems for availability of supplies and equipment in the Department.
3. Adheres to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
4. Performs any other related tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An associate degree in business administration/related field or equivalent.
- The position requires a minimum of three (3) years on the job experience to acquire the necessary competencies to respond effectively to the challenges of the job. Experience in the public sector is desirable.
SALARY: GRADE 5 $28,547.48 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB3-23-71) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
BELONGERS NEED ONLY APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th September, 2023