The Senior Financial Audit Manager has responsibility for the annual auditing cycle as directed by the Auditor General and offers support and assists the Auditor General in meeting the mandate of the National Audit Office (NAO).
The Senior Financial Audit Manager will be accountable for the execution of audits within time and budget. The post holder will lead, direct and perform his or her duties in conformance with prevailing International standards on auditing (ISA’s), the International standards of supreme audit institutions (ISSAI) or other relevant standards. The types of audits conducted include financial, compliance, value for money, Information technology, fraud and special audits.
The dimensions of the job cover independent audits of the entire Government (Ministries/Departments), statutory bodies, bodies promoting good governance and other public corporations, and any other audits as directed by the Auditor General.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS:
The Senior Financial Audit Manager is responsible for planning, leading and delivering risk based audits for which he/she is assigned. The post holder will also be carrying out individual audits at various levels of complexity and size as assigned. Audits assigned are to be conducted on time and to budget.
Duties: Includes but are not limited to:
• Direct engagements through planning, execution and completion stages of audits for various types of audits.
• Perform financial statements audits for a number of clients of various levels of complexity and size in line with the appropriate audit methodology.
• Analyze results of testing for compliance with relevant standards, laws, regulations and other business operating procedures of the entities.
• Supervise progress of audits and assist in reviewing audit files and audit reports of other staff members.
• Address auditing and accounting questions arising from the audit.
• Identify deviations and or discrepancies from standards (accounting and otherwise) and communicate to senior team members and the client for resolution.
• Assist in developing team members through coaching and by providing feedback.
• Discuss and present audit findings and audit recommendations to senior level executives within the Government and Statutory Bodies.
• Demonstrate good use of technical knowledge and the ability to appropriately analyze accounting and auditing standards.
The position requires, at a minimum, ACCA, CPA or other equivalent accounting qualification. Member in good standing with appropriate professional body membership is required. Having either a Certified Fraud Examiner (or equivalent) or a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation or international equivalent would be an advantage.
The position requires at least seven (7) years post qualification experience with at least five (5) years’ experience at a senior level in an audit environment, preferably gained from within the private assurance auditing firms or within a public sector auditing body or financial institutions. Experience and working knowledge of auditing standards and auditing financial statements of companies reporting under IFRS and/or IPSAS is required.
Good organizational, writing and oral skills. Ability to use computer systems for analysis and reporting. Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines. Ability to effectively multitask. Easily adapts to changes in the work environment. Ability to work on own initiative to a high standard. Exhibit use of appropriate level of professional judgment. Good relationship management.
Ability to effectively work on more than one assignment at a time delivering on time and within budget for all assignments. Experience with working with big data and accurately analyzing results. Experience in conducting value for money audits and fraud investigations.
SALARY: Grade 10 $78,395.77 per annum
$6,000 per annum (Professional Qualifications Allowance)
For persons recruited outside the Turks and Caicos Islands, the following benefits are offered in addition to basic salary: A two year extendable contract; housing allowance, end-of-contract gratuity of 6% of salary, return passages for a family of up to two children up to the age of 16 years, duty free personal shipping imported within six months of the appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Hand delivered applications must have clearly marked on the envelope, the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB3-23-07) and the Job Title.
Successful applicants will work in accordance with the Public Service Ordinance.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th September, 2023
Applications without all requested documents will not be processed.