This is a senior professional and technical position. This post has the responsibility of assisting in administering, planning and reconciling the Public Sector Investment Programme; and the coordination of donor programmes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares cabinet documents.
- Coordinates monthly meetings with Ministries and Departments to receive updates on the Public Sector Investment Programme
- Contributes to the national budget – specifically the Capital Development Programme.
- Provide feedback to Ministries, Departments and Statutory Bodies in accordance with the Public Financial Management Ordinance, Public Procurement Ordinance and the other Ordinances which constitutes the legal framework of the Turks and Caicos Islands Government (TCIG)
- Coordinates and conducts training programmes for Ministries, Departments and Statutory and Other Bodies.
- Adheres to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
- Appraise major development projects and participate in project implementation meetings and report on the same. The holder of the post will work closely with the Ministry of Physical Planning and Infrastructural Development.
- Assist with developing the department’s work plan in the area of post-project implementation evaluation and impact assessment.
- Serve as a member of the Budget Team and oversee the preparation of the Development Budget.
- Assist with monitoring the administration of Development Budget (including developing enhanced procedures for recording of transactions).
- Assist the Director in facilitating the continuous review and where necessary, improve the Policies and Procedures for the planning and implementation of capital expenditure projects throughout Ministries and Departments.
- Participate in formulation and assessing the Medium-Term Expenditure Framework for the Government
- Liaise with the Audit Departments to ensure the Department’s timely and effective contribution to the Annual Accounts.
- Co-management of the Development Fund with the Accountant General’s Department to ensure that quarterly reconciliations of the Development Fund is undertaken.
- Work with the Contracts and Procurement Management Department to ensure that variations to contracts are compiled annually and forwarded to the Accountant General.
- Performs other related tasks that may be required from time to time to drive departmental objectives or special project initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Essential: Master’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s Degree in Finance; or Master’s Degree in Cost Accounting or Construction Accounting;
- Certification in Project Management is required.
- The position requires at least seven (7) years of management on- the-job experience with planning and implementing government funded capital projects.
- In addition, the position requires specialized training in: -
- Project and Policy Management
- Development/ Strategic Planning
SALARY: Grade 9.1 $63,792.64 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Hand delivered must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB3-23-82) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22ND September, 2023