Her Excellency Anya Williams
The Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands
The Deputy Governor is:
- A non-voting member of the Cabinet acts as Governor when the latter is absent from the territory.
- heads the public service
- is the line manager of the Permanent Secretaries
- chairs a Permanent Secretaries' committee that reviews legislation and decisions for Cabinet.
This Office also has direct responsibility for the following:
- The Human Resources Management Division
- Training Unit
- Democratic Services
- Directorate Services
- Contracts & Corporate Performance Management
The Turks and Caicos Islands Civil Service is a vital organ of government responsible for developing and delivering policies and services to the residents and visitors of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The core functions of the public service are:
- Service delivery
- Tax collection and management of government finances
- Monitoring and enforcement of laws and policies
Her Excellency Anya Williams is the second appointed Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands and is the Head of the Public Service. She was established on October 15, 2012, through an open recruitment process.
Mrs. Williams holds both a Bachelors's and Masters's Degree in Accounting from Florida International University in Miami, Florida. She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society that recognizes the top tenth percentile of all Business Graduates in the United States.
Mrs. Williams previously held the Budget Director and Permanent Secretary of Finance posts in the Turks and Caicos Islands Government.
Her vision is to create a well-structured and resourced public service that is professionally respected and can serve the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands by providing efficient and effective services.
Her Excellency assumed the role of Acting Governor on 23 March 2023, on the departure of Nigel Dakin whose tenure as Governor had come to an end.