His Excellency the Governor, Nigel Dakin, chaired the 29th meeting of Cabinet on 13 October 2021 at the Premier’s Office in Grand Turk.
All members were present with the exception of the Hon. Minister for Education.
At this meeting Cabinet:
- Received a Health update on the COVID-19 situation in Turks and Caicos.
- Approved amendments to the Development Agreement with Carnival Corporation, which was formally signed on the same day.
- Approved the Infrastructure projects for Grand Turk, which is to be funded from the Infrastructure Improvement Account in the Public Sector Investment Programme for financial year 2021/22.
- Approved for the Ministry of Infrastructure & Planning to commence negotiations on the purchase of parcel 60715/9, Leeward Highway. Cheshire Hall and Richmond Hill to be utilised to accommodate various Government Offices.
- Approved the advancement of the procurement of a Revenue Management System for the management of Driver and Vehicle Licences in the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Approved a Development Agreement between Cooper Jack Ltd and the Turks and Caicos Islands Government for a hotel on Providenciales.
- Approved Planning Application PR. 15561 for the construction of an office building for the Ports Authority on parcels 60605/12, 97 and 98 on South Dock Road, Providenciales.
- Approved certain partial waivers and a reduction of processing fees and taxes for Fremantle Media Ltd, associated with the filming of their TV series.
- Approved the drafting of the Supreme Court (Amendment) Bill to expand the scope of the Legal Aid programme.
- Approved the Offences Against the Person (Amendment) Bill 2021 and the Summary Offences (Amendment) Bill 2021 for advancing to the House of Assembly.
- Were updated on the status of the purchase of a parcel of land in Grand Turk to be used as a vendors’ market.
Further information on these matters will be provided by Ministers in due course.